Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Dublin Castle & Garden - Review

Why am I posting so many things about Ireland? Maybe it's because I'm working for a Dublin based company and traveling there perhaps a tad too much...

A colleague asked it I wanted to visit the Dublin Castle and Garden. She had me at "garden."  That said, without having done any research - it was not what I expected. I thought old ruins of a building with some acreage of grounds - similar to Powerscourt.  I learned that the Dublin Castle is really a government building in the middle of Dublin proper!


We first arrived before anything opened - and it was perfect to walk around the exterior, linger in the garden and really absorb the atmosphere. Later in the day there were hundreds of tourists which made it a tad difficult to place oneself back in time to get a feel for the history.



Dublin Castle - Fall 2016
 
Dublin Castle Tour - Fall 2016
 

The garden, Dubh Linn Garden,  at first blush, I thought it small and rather disheveled. It is tucked behind the Dublin Castle. It's a jumble of formal garden, Celtic maze and raw natural areas. There are some very interesting sculptures scattered around. It is accessible before the other buildings open and nice to view without lots of people around. When I learned that the garden doubles as a  helicopter landing pad I thought, given the dual purpose of the space, they had done an excellent job! So much better than a sterile patch of pavement. Sadly the garden did not lend itself to photos...


The castle underground was very interesting - worth the additional tour fee. Nice to get more understanding of the history and see old sections. Again - not very photogenic.


The church was a favorite - if only for the wonderful linen-fold woodwork. You know I'm a fan of old oak!. Reminded me of the details I found in Trinity Library. It started construction in 1807 and took nearly 7 years to build this chapel. The stained glass was bought in Paris but came from Russia. Somehow I think that is a great deal of miles on stained glass - it works well :)  The tour guide said there is a secret passage in the church - but didn't elaborate.



Church of The Most Holy Trinity, Dublin, 2016
 
Oak Details - Dublin Castle Chapel, 2016
 
Dublin Castle Chapel - oak details, 2016
 
Dublin Castle Chapel, Organ gift from Prince Albert, Tour 2016
The State Apartment house the government offices and Entertainment rooms. Lots of nice antiques here too :) Below photos of nice pieces and the Throne Room.


 
Dublin Castle Throne Room, Tour 2016
This was a nice time at the Castle - all in maybe a few hours. Great to hit it early in the day to avoid the crowds.


Have fun;


Teresa Marie





The state / government sections...

5 comments:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa'S Garden Song: Dublin Castle And Garden - Review >>>>> Download Now

      >>>>> Download Full

      Teresa'S Garden Song: Dublin Castle And Garden - Review >>>>> Download LINK

      >>>>> Download Now

      Teresa'S Garden Song: Dublin Castle And Garden - Review >>>>> Download Full

      >>>>> Download LINK h4

      Delete
  2. Recover Stolen Bitcoin with Lost Recovery Masters

    Hello guys, I am Jannie Hardson,,,At once I made up my mind to contact LostRecoveryMasters through email,(Support@lostrecoverymasters.com) I was not sure if he could help me. I said to myself, just give it a try.To my surprise, RecoveryMasters finally found my right password and sent the remaining BTC to my other wallet after paying himself the agreed 20% fee.For those out there who can't access your wallet, do not waste your time looking for fake recovery agents. I would strongly recommend it to Lost Recovery Masters . I was thankful to still get the 80% rather than nothing.

    Thank you very much Lost Recovery Masters for everything!! I might not know you personally but I am sure you will have a better life in the future. May God bless you always, with good health and happiness. l will always recommend Lost Recovery Masters Visite or Contact info.

    Email ( Lostrecoverymasters@gmail.com )
    Whatsapp +44(7537)-105921

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Cryptocurrency Recovery Services - visit Alpha Recovery Experts

    I recently had a pretty rough experience with a crypto theft scam, and it felt like there was no way out. I was overwhelmed and didn't know where to turn until I found ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS. Honestly, they made a real difference. From the first contact, they were professional and understanding, which helped ease a lot of my stress.
    They walked me through the entire process step by step, explaining things in a way that was easy to understand. I appreciated that they didn’t just bombard me with technical jargon. Instead, they focused on what I needed to know to feel secure and informed about the recovery process. It was clear they really knew their stuff when it came to crypto scams.
    One of the standout moments for me was how responsive they were. Whenever I had questions or concerns, they were quick to get back to me. That level of customer service really made me feel supported. In a situation where everything felt uncertain, having them on my side was incredibly reassuring.

    After some time working together, I was relieved to see progress in recovering my lost funds. It’s such a relief to know that there are experts out there who genuinely care and are willing to help. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, I’d definitely recommend reaching out to ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS. They’ve truly helped me more than I expected, and I’m grateful for their assistance during a tough time.

    Contact Information;
    Email Add; Info@alpharecoveryexpert.com
    Visit; https://alpharecoveryexpert.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Kham's herbal treatment. I appreciate your great work because I got cured from herpes by Dr. Kham's two-week herbal medicine, I can confirm that his treatment is indeed powerful. I'll forever keep recommending this product to everyone out there that is still suffering from the herpes virus. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for making my healing possible. If not for the help of Dr. Kham's medicine, I wouldn't have been cured from my oral and genital herpes by now. I'm so happy because I will be going to college & work knowing fully well that I'm free and clean from the virus. I came across Dr. Kham's website, which helped me learn more about his work. Doctor, you are just too amazing with your powerful, effective herbal exploits. God bless you herbalist Dr. Kham for all you are doing to help people get cured of the herpes simplex virus and various diseases. I'm very glad to have reached out to you for help. Herbalist Dr. Kham Contact Information for Dr. Kham:
    *Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com
    *WhatsApp: +2348159922297
    *Website: https://herbalistdrkhamcaregiver.simdif.com/

    ReplyDelete