Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Garden Cemetery

Well that's an odd name for a post you say and I agree!

On a recent trip to Germany, sitting in the office and just wanting a break, a coworker suggested that I walk two blocks to a flower shop and then stroll through the cemetery. Yup, that is the go-to place for people in this industrial/commercial complex to take a walk.

As I headed off in that direction, I could see other office workers heading in the same direction - or coming back from that path. How had I never noticed this in my part visits here?

The little flower shop was closed - but I pressed onward.

Sure enough just past the flower shop was a small but well beaten pathway into what appeared to be a wooded lot.

Then Viola!




Much to my surprise - the cemetery was like a garden. So much so that there were watering stations complete with watering cans to facilitate the maintenance of your loved one's garden.  I was told that many if not most cemeteries in this country are that way.



How efficient to have watering locations and watering cans available for the public to use!

Each space takes on it's own personality. Many have heavy use of ground cover and evergreens. Each well maintained and clipped to the space. In the lower right hand side of the photo below - one takes on a bit more natural approach.



Aisle after aisle of both beautiful garden-ettes, and wonderful memories of loved ones. I ran into a few people who were gardening. I talked to one woman who was placing flowers on a grave who said that she didn't know the person - but every time she takes a walk here she places flowers on a different grave to thank them for sharing their home with her. The prevalence of fresh flowers all over might suggest that she is not the only one who shares that custom.



This space below was one of my favorites - if only because the grave stones were also natural in appearance. Largely unpolished markets with subtle wording included - not only in the large family market in the center-right, but also the smaller stones on either side. 



Take Care My Friends.

Teresa Marie

4 comments:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

  2. First, I want to complement this page administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine from DR. ISHIAKU the greatest herbalist doctor in the world and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr ISHIAKU .. I have read about Dr ISHIAKU the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Hpv, Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine through DHL courier delivery company which i took for some weeks and when I went for the test, i was tested for herpes negative. you can reach him through his email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com WhatsApp him at +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete
  3. THERE IS CURE FOR HERPES VIRUS. This has been a great opportunity for me to speak about Doctor Ishiaku concerning his HERBAL MEDICINE for the cure of HERPES VIRUS. I am a living proof of the cure, it is not a story any more, thank God i gave him a try to cure me, i was confirm 100% negative after the usage of the herbal medicine, it is like a dream to me that Doctor Ishiaku herbal medicine could cure herpes virus to 100% negative, before i proceed further let me quickly share his contact to the general public so anyone suffering from this virus can also have an opportunity like this to be cured. ( what - sapp + 2348180828544) or (email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com) .Please let every Herpes patient give herbal medicine a try. It works perfectly well. don't be deceived any more that there is no cure. This herbal medicine was shipped from Africa to me here in the United State by DHL. I am so happy to have seen my health and life back to normal. Thank you Doctor Ishiaku

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone... Dr Ishiaku herbs is a good remedy for herpes Virus , I was a carrier of herpes virus and I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ishiaku cure Herpes Virus, I decided to contact him, and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. After he finish he sent me the herbs which i took for 2 weeks before asking me to go for a check up and getting there i could not believe that i was confirm HSV 2 Negative after the test, Today i am so happy because I'm free from herpes disease with the help of Dr. Ishiaku . Thank God now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Ishiaku herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to God for making it possible. you can reach him on his email, i strongly recommend him to any one out here looking for a cure to herpes or any other deadly disease...Contact Dr ishiaku via email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com or whats-app +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete