Tuesday, September 15, 2015

DIY Pallet Container Garden - Large Version

Pallet Container Garden
A few weeks ago I posted about a DIY container garden I made from a pallet.  Then just a few weeks later I was at the Garfield Park Conservatory and saw this very large option, up-cycled pallets,  in their vegetable garden.  

Please do not attempt to put this design on a porch! This must weight a ton. Especially after the rain or a good watering. 

That said, if my yard had extremely poor soil, or I was growing a root crop, this would be in my yard most certainly!

Same basic considerations are used create this architectural element for the garden as in my smaller version. 




This item used four pallets of essentially the same size and configuration. The were joined at the sides by braces and large wood nails. 






The liner was applied to the inside of the container versus my design that covered the outside. I can imagine someone crawling around inside the cube tacking down the water barrier!


It's harvest time. Later today pulling up garlic. 

Have a great day!

Teresa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment