Thursday, January 26, 2017

German Christmas Markets - Review

Rothenburg, Germany
I had the opportunity to be in Germany on a business trip at the start of the Christmas season. Luckily few colleagues took me to Christmas markets in four different towns! These Christkindlmarkt, are street markets during the four weeks of Advent.  The majority I went too were around the town square - or the oldest/largest church. There was always local food, hot drinks (several flavors of mulled wines!) and open-air merchants willing holiday items or trinkets. Many had a schedule of singing and performances from local artists. 

I was in markets in Frankfurt, Mannheim, Rothenburg, and at Schwetzingen Castle (and garden!) Frankfurt was so very large! Almost too large. The one around Schwtzingen Castle was perhaps too small. My favorite was in Rothenburg as the whole town is historic and it just felt like a fairy tale! The only downside to this location was getting there - took four different trains from Frankfurt! Well off the beaten path for tourists (but not locals.)



Christmas Market, Rothenburg, Germany 2016
 As you can see from the photo above - many of the streets are lined with shops that are also in the holiday spirit. Many open with special displays, offerings, and treats!

Rothenburg local pub - classic! 2016

After walking around town we took refuge in this bar which was decorated in fashion becoming the period of the town!

Christmas Market, Rothenburg, Germany

SWEETS! Rothenburg, Germany
Enjoy;

Teresa Marie


2 comments:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Ishiaku herbal medicine is mighty and genuine, I used Melissa oil and Lavender Healing herbs but result were just still the same but using Dr Ishiaku herbs cured my herpes final and I have being living for 2 years now No Sores.My herpes is truly gone.Contact him if you interested of his herbal medicine…he can aslo cure HIV, DIABETICS and other STDs
    You contact him on
    📞WhatsApp +2348180828544
    📧Email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com

    Website:www.Ishiakuherbalcure.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete