|Pre-Treatment Facial Moles|
After reading several natural medicine websites and blogs I decided to try the tea tree oil because it was inexpensive, readily available at my grocery store, and folks indicated it was pain-free and did not cause scars or skin irritation. I didn't have anything to lose - and really no other options. It sounded too good to be true (and in some cases it was.)
I purchased a 1 oz bottle of pure tea tree oil. Prices varied from ~$4 - $10/oz. I used the tea tree oil pure; I did not dilute the oil at all. It was very easy to apply the oil.
- Place the tip of a cotton swab into the tea tree oil (it does not have to be fully saturated, you don't use that much)
- Touch the cotton swab onto the moles / skin tags you wanted to diminish (obliterate!)
- Let the oil dry before applying make-up (better to just avoid make-up if you can)
- Do this twice a day - morning and night; during the week. And 3-4 times during the weekend.
Take a look at the before and after photos above - 1 and 2 months. Its not too clear but I hope you can see the reduced size, height, and color of the moles. In the last picture they look completely gone - but I know they are still there! The treatment was well worth the $10!
Here are a few additional helpful hints that I learned along the way - please note that my skin is very sensitive, so I think I may have had more problems than many people...
|Before and After results from Home Remedy Mole Removal with Tea Tree Oil|
|Skin Irritation from Tea Tree Oil |
and Skin Cream Application
- Avoid applying oil to surrounding skin. This skin will dry out faster and peel more than the moles. In one case I ended up with a wound because the skin was so unhappy to have the tea tree oil - however the moles never had that issue.Do not get excess oil into wrinkles - ditto the drying issue above
- Do not cover the treated skin with band aid, cloth, or apply other cream. This made my skin become very red and irritated in a broader area than just by the mole. Especially bad one night when I thought to put on a cream mask treatment after oil and leave them on for 10 minutes. Please don't even think about that. It was not pretty :(
- Alternate with Aloe or Mederma (scar cream) as the moles start to diminish. I scar very easily and this seems to help, or at least makes me feel better!
- This stuff stinks. Not much to do about that.
- As a post-script, for some moles once they were gone - they never came back. Others I have had to periodically treat with tea-tree oil (2-3 times a week.)
Once I saw that the tea tree oil was effective on my skin moles, I jumped into using it for other skin ailments. I used it on acne with great success. I had no luck with skin tags at all.
What's your favorite home remedy?
Have a great day!